“Boho-chic is a style of female fashion drawing on various bohemian and hippie influences. It has been seen since the early 1990s and, although appearing to [fade away] from time to time, has repeatedly re-surfaced in varying [likenesses]. Many elements of boho-chic became popular in the late 1960s and some date back much further, being associated, for example, with pre-Raphaelite women of the mid-to-late 19th century.”
(Excerpt from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boho-chic)
Now that you’ve had your summer history lesson, let me help you get the style trend of the summer, Boho Chic!
Here are some key pieces to start with:
Maxi Dresses & Skirts
- Hi-low & full length
- Lace, Crochet & Silk
Loose Fitting Tops & Sweaters
- Cotton, Chambray & Silk
- Any length or shade
- Bright & Vibrant. “Palazzo” & “Harem” pants are my favorite. “Jeggings” are also comfortable and stylish.
- Quick & effortless outfits
- Booties, Wedge & Platform
- Strappy, Gladiators & Flip Flops
- Any color or design
- Try using old fashioned frames. Large sizes & metallic colors are nice to find as well.
- All sizes, shapes & colors
- Stack them!!!! You can never have enough!
- Pair together & play with mixed metals. Any length works.
- Floppy & Fedora
- Let it be free! Natural hair always works for this style. A messy ponytail, bun or soft waves is good for medium to long hair lengths.
Make it your own. Mix pieces together & see what you get. Dress for yourself not for others! What makes you feel gorgeous is the only thing that matters!
H&M, Forever 21, American Eagle, Anthropologie, Free People, Cotton On, Rue 21, Fossil & Delia’s
Featuring my Mom Hope N. Jones (looks 1&2) & me (looks 3-5)